My DIY Fauxdori!

May 10, 2015

Hey everybody! Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but as you can see from the title, I was busy working on my new Fauxdori!  What is a Fauxdori?  It is a mock-up version of a Midori Traveler's Notebook, which is a leather cover with a set of strings inside the can hold multiple notebooks at a time (and are interchangable).  I have always thought this was a good idea, and over the web I have seen many planner geeks making their own or buying it from someone else, so this weekend I put my sewing skills to the test and decided to make my own Fauxdori!  Here's the end results:



The front cover with an elastic band
 The inside with strands of thick embroidery thread
 The back side
The spine of the Fauxdori

If you have seen other Midoris of Fauxdori before, most of them are made from very thick leather and usually have a very large, curved spine, but since mine is made of fabric, the spine is a lot thinner.  Also, the elastic band is very loose. This is because I wanted to be able to have it fit a lot of inserts in without breaking.  Since this is my first Fauxdori, I'm going to try making other ones with other methods, so if you have any tips for me, please comment below!

No comments :

Post a Comment