3 Tips for any Beginner Planner Geek (Perfect Planners: A Guide to the World of Planners Part 1)

April 24, 2015

Hey everybody! If you have signed up for my email newsletter, you know that I have officially started my new mini series Perfect Planners: A Guide to the World of Planners.  In this series, I will teach you the basics of starting and organizing a planner through an assortment of videos, tutorials, and articles on my blog.  Today I will be starting my first article in the series, 3 Tips for any Beginner Planner Geek.  In this article, I will give you 3 tips for when you first start up your planner:
  1. Decorating before organizing:
  • This is definitely one of the biggest mistakes you can make as a planner geek. Though it may seem as one of those "I'm gonna ignore Beth and just decorate my planner to my heart's desire" situations, it's not.  If you procede to go ahead and washi tape and sticker-fy your planner without setting up a system in the planner itself, you create an even more difficult situation for yourself.  It can be extremely confusing and frustrating, and in the end of it, you further stray from the ultimate goal of having a more organized lifestyle.

     2.  Decorating without actually planning:
  • Although decorating is what makes planning fun, there's no purpose to be decorating when you don't do any planning. Make sure to dedicate time to planning and organizing so your decorating will not be in vain.

     3.  Don't be afraid to mix things up:

  • Remember that making a planner system that is right for you is a trial and error process, so sometimes you need to take risks that at first might be a struggle, but will pay off in the long run. Remember to take risks!
Thanks for reading! Make sure to comment and tell me other tips you have for beginner planner geeks!

No comments :

Post a Comment